Today we finished the adoption process and Ava officially became a Stubblefield. The process went very well and without any difficulties and we now pray that the rest of the paperwork goes as smoothly. Ava is beginning to bond with Tammy. This morning we took a walk and Ava gave her an unsolicited kiss. During the group photo with all the orphanage staff, the director tried to hold Ava and she pushed her away and held onto Tammy. She is warming up to me a little more. She has put her hand to my mouth for a kiss, allowed me to feed her, and gave me a kiss this evening. I’m waiting patiently for snuggle time. Ava is still grieving for her recent loss. We are just trying to be there for her as much as she will let us.
We are becoming a little claustrophobic in this tiny hotel room. Morgan and I headed out to get lunch at KFC (yes we are expanding our horizons) and believe me, it was an experience. Just crossing an intersection is an Indiana Jones type adventure. Our guide told me that the Chinese believe in self regulation in terms of driving. Morgan and I did fine crossing the first time; it was the second that was eventful. The intersection had become wet since crossing the first time and I slipped 3 times. Thank God I did not fall because the guy honking at me would probably have run me over. Needless to say, I was the afternoon entertainment (Foreigner sliding through the intersection). After lunch, we all adventured out. Since this province does not complete many adoptions, Americans certainly stand out. We received many looks as we walked around the neighborhood. One group of Chinese women stopped us and made over Ava as she sat in the stroller. I wondered if she would reach for them, but she did not. She even pushed one of their hands away as they touched her face.
Supper was room service again since we had to wait for documents from our coordinator. Ordering room service is a little difficult when most of the staff does not speak English. After me calling them two times, them calling me three times, them visiting us one time, and the assistant manager calling once, we finally received our meal.
We are certainly becoming somewhat homesick for Jackson and Hudson. I don’t know what we would do without Skype and the ability to be able to see their faces. We are glad that they are enjoying themselves in Florida with the Tammy’s family. They are finding that Hudson can be a little stubborn. We know they are in good hands and being spoiled and loved on.
Tomorrow afternoon we are planning to visit the Provincial Museum. Continue to keep us all in your prayers as we are going through many transitions right now.
chicken soup and a flashlight
11 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment