Friday, August 21, 2009

Hospital day #3

We've had a big day today but I guess I need to backtrack a little. Last night we got a much needed visit from Chris and the boys. Mom and I ran up to the Ronald McDonald family room, which was absolutely beautiful, and took nice, long .hot showers. We came back down, ordered Ava some room service (whenever the pt is hungry, you just call down your order) and had a wonderful time visiting. Everyone got teary eyed when it was time for our good-byes. I cannot wait till we are back home and together. After they left, I crashed! It felt good to finally get some sleep. Around 3am, Ava's temp spiked to over 103 so another dose of Tylenol followed. The Tylenol worked but we still had to get a UA, blood cultures, and a CBC. The Dr. came in this morning and said that she could slowly start increasing her activity and start by laying in my arms, WOO HOO!!! He also discontinued her Fentanyl, which helped significantly with her grumpiness. The nurse asked if she would be more comfortable if we put her in a regular bed so I could snuggle with her, "uh....Ya she would!" She loves the big bed. Around noon, I was able to slowly scoop up our angle and sit with her in the chair and it was pure heaven. She never fussed one bit about the pain, such a brave girl. We learned also that she does have a urinary tract infection so they started her on another antibiotic. We can't have the IV taken out yet since she's still not taking fluids in real great and because of her high temp last night, but the catheter did come out. The nurse also found quite a bit more drainage on her dressing this afternoon so the doc came in to assess it and change the bandages. He said if she had more drainage, then she would have to lay flat again, so start praying for no more drainage!!! Chris came up to spend the night here so my mom could take a break. My sis Jen also surprised us with a visit from her family. Right before bedtime tonight, our nurse came in and said a private room had become available and we were moved immediately. Oh it's so nice! We are able to relax so much easier now! Lots of big steps today. Please pray that we continue to move forward tomorrow!!! Good night from one tired mommy!
Daddy's girl

Big brother time

My new bed


Not even a whimper when I picked her up



Finally in mama's arms





I could get used to this personal TV thingy!




Feeling mighty happy after a little codeine



















Ma Ma is taking great care of me!







First bath








Squeaky clean









First time sitting up










No comments: