Monday, December 28, 2009

6 months ago today.....

......I was handed a trembling and sobbing tiny baby. It is still hard to believe that that little wisp of a girl is the same fiesty wild child that we know and love today. She has come so far in such a little time. But has it really only been 6 months? I can hardly remember what life was like without her here and she now acts like she has been a part of us forever. She is turning into a little chatterbox and is absorbing her new language like a sponge. She is now able to count to 10, is saying complete sentences and is learning her colors. She is able to change the settings on any cell phone or camera faster than anything I've ever seen. Whenever she does something that she feels derserves praise, (such as throwing away important papers, or changing the television channel in the middle of my favorite show) she emphatically yells "you're welcome!" until I say, "Thank you". Ava is finally letting us say a few Chinese phrases to her without throwing a fit. I still don't quite understand why she was so resistant to it initially, but I would love for her to retain some of her Chinese language, even if it's a tiny bit.
I will update soon with Christmas pics and her medical report from testing that was done in St. Louis a couple of weeks ago and again this morning.

No comments: